Saturday 17 May 2014

Bag Review - Fendi Anna Bucket Bag: Love At First Sight



fendi+anna+bag+2014


Brace yourself ladies, there's a new bag on the block and its FABULOUS. Enter the Fendi Anna Bucket Bag. Launched for the FW 13/14 collection and inspired by Anna Fendi, it is the house's latest baby from their iconic Selleria line and comes in the most delicious colours. Available in two versions, grained leather (my absolute favourite!) or intrecciato leather, the Anna has quickly become immensely popular with celebrities like Cara Delevingne, Uma Thurman and many more. For those of you who love to monogram your name on the bag, worry not. The intrecciato version can be customised with your name or initials just like Rihanna and Rita Ora did. Almost an IT bag, I think so!



fendi+anna+bag+review
3 ways to hold your Anna! L-R: Uma Thurman, Naomi Campbell, Sharon Stone
Cara+Delevingne+fendi+anna
Cara Delevingne with her customised Intrecciato Anna

Featuring impeccable craftsmanship, the Anna is entirely handmade and consists of 1,322 tone on tone stitches that hold the buttery soft Roman leather together. Oh and this bag features the new Fendi Roma logo heat pressed on the front. Moreover, any bag from the Selleria line takes over a day to create. The artisans go through lengthy procedures starting from selecting the leather, designing the model of the bag, cutting the leather and finally stitching the bag to ensure perfection. I strongly recommend you to watch this video to get a sneak peek into what goes on behind the scenes.

The bag is in line with the current minimalist aesthetic but keeps the Fendi traditions alive in every possible way. The shape is what I love the most on the Anna. It's slouchy, however the asymmetrical stitches add a bit of a structure to it. In addition, its very non-fussy and functional. You can sort of just throw in all your essentials and are good to go. I find this very appealing when I invest in a new bag. The optional, adjustable shoulder strap is a major plus point (I almost NEVER buy a day bag without a shoulder strap), because when I'm out and about or travelling, it gets very painful for me to hold the bag on the nook of my arm.

Also, the bag is devoid of too much hardware making it very light and easy to carry. The protective feet on the base means I don't need to start fretting about putting the bag on the floor. I get the weirdest looks from people when I make a fuss about placing any of my bags on the floor at a restaurant or even in someone's house. Sometimes I pull an extra chair to seat my bag.

P.S. The Anna is now available in two sizes (medium and large) at Fendi boutiques. Check with the DLF Emporio store on +91 11 4604 0777 for availability.

In the meantime, click on the names to see super fun lifestyle videos of five supermodels Esmeralda Seay-Rynolds, Binx Walton, Devon Windsor, Joan Smalls, Nadja Bender play with their Anna bags!


Image Courtesy: The Communication Council

 

No comments:

Post a Comment