Friday 16 May 2014

Currently Trending: Statement Earrings

What I love about this spring's biggest hair trends (braids, messy updo's, slick ponytails) is that most of them consist of pulling your hair back and revealing your ears. I love nothing more than to tie my hair up and put on a pair of statement earrings on a night out or even for a luncheon. Be it a pair of large crystal hoops or an edgy ear cuff, or even a pair of chandeliers, this summer, don't be afraid of experimenting with bold earrings. Here's what I'm eyeing.



1. Dolce & Gabbana X Victoria & Albert Limited Edition Earrings - These limited edition earrings, specially created for the V& A museum's Glamour of Italian Fashion exhibit are just to die for. I've always loved the duo's Italian inspiration on their clothes and accessories and these earrings are no exception. The macramé lace, the cabochons and a figure of a lady embossed on the gold; it would be a crime not to add them to your accessory closet! I can totally imagine myself on a Sicilian holiday in a summery floral dress, hair tied up in a messy bun with these earrings dangling happily in my ear. Ah, picture perfect. Click here to purchase.

2. Valliyan By Nitya Bubbly Flower Earrings - Whilst I'm a big fan of Nitya Arora's large statement accessories, sometimes you need a few pairs of earrings that have an everyday appeal like these pretty flower drops. The size is perfect. Not too big that you cant wear it during the day and not too small that they go unnoticed. I also adore the contrasting colours and materials used; lilac semi-precious stones set against black crystals. Click here to purchase.

3. Maithili Kabre Crystal Hoops With Chains - This upcoming jewellery designer's appeal is not only her amazing designs using crystals but also a very accessible price point. My BFF ordered five pairs after I posted an interview with her on the blog. I have these hoops in purple crystals without the chains and just a few days ago I bought this pair too. I wore them to see the husband at the studio the same day and all the boys noticed and complimented me on them (mind you, the husband had no clue I had them on, but husbands are bit funny that way!). The shiny two-tone crystals are set in brass and the chains are so playful. For INR 3500, I think it's a steal. Contact the designer on +919819451906.

4. Viktor & Rolf Safety-Pin Earring - When I saw the SS 14 collection last year, I just couldn't get over the safety-pin detailing. They were seen in the form on necklaces on the runway, ear cuffs and as zip fasteners on the clutches. So funky! This tongue in cheek earring in an instant conversation starter. Wear it in a single ear or buy another one to wear in both ears; whatever the case, it will surely turn heads anywhere you go. Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment