Saturday 16 November 2013

Little Black Glove

For the past few days, I've been going through this leather glove phase. I'm not talking gloves used to keep your hands warm. I'm talking Karl Lagerfeld-esque accessorizing kinda gloves. So yesterday as I got dressed up to go to a friend's house party, I decided I wanted to be all black (think Karl's signature outfit). I paired black skinny pants with black suede knee high boots, a black blazer, a white shirt and a cherry red 2.55 reissue bag. My ensemble was relatively simple. To spruce it up a bit, I added a pair of cool cut out gloves from Zara which I bought because there's no way I could order and receive the Karl Lagerfeld ones by late evening, so I had to make do with what I could get my hands on. Speaking of making do with what I have, I could have done with a cooler black jacket but we're talking compromise here.

Anyways, I have decided that a pair of sexed up leather gloves are a must have in a girl's closet. May I remind you again that these would be to accessorize only and not for warmth. An even cooler pair would the the fingerless leather ones. It's amazing how these little things can transform a look completely and are versatile enough to be worn with jeans, black dresses, etc. My next look that I am going to try with this newly discovered accessory is a red silk shirt tucked into a black leather pencil skirt, black stilettos or knee high boots and of course the gloves. What do you think?

I'm currently crushing on two of Karl Lagerfeld fingerless gloves (scroll down to see images). Click here to purchase the pair with embellishments on them and here  for the cut out gloves with studs on them.

black+leather+gloves
Karl Lagerfeld  Attens crystal-embellished leather fingerless gloves


black+leather+gloves
Karl Lagerfeld studded leather gloves


black+leather+gloves
My cool new cut out gloves

black+leather+gloves
Me from the previous night

black+leather+gloves
The LEGEND ... Karl Lagerfeld




10 comments:

  1. These gloves look super chic. You look like a diva partying in London or New york. Did you get these zara ones delivered here in delhi ? If yes, I am surprised that who wears them here ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shan! Thank you for the compliment :) I bought these from the Zara at select city walk in Delhi itself. They are a little outlandish for delhi but I'm so in love with them. In fact I just ordered the Karl lagerfeld fingerless ones above with the studs. Eagerly waiting for them to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome :) Sadly not many women in India are as stylish & cool as you. Speaking of warmth, they could have had lining but it doesn't get that cold here in delhi & even if it does ladies get away with mitts and woolen ones. When I was in UK these ones could be spotted almost everywhere. Guess its just the fashion sense which differs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww so sweet of you to think I'm stylish! You are right, I haven't seen many women wearing leather gloves. Even during my uni days in Toronto I had this beautiful chocolate brown pair in leather that I would wear everyday! The thing about this pair is that due to the cut out they end up looking like biker gloves, which can be a little tricky to pull off so people might be apprehensive to try them on. That's the reason I did this post because they're very versatile and I wanted to encourage fellow dilliwallas (well those that read my blog at least) to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, sure they will if they read this post. Or else winters would have to be more severe to encourage people to try this kind of fashion. Whats surprising is that Indian women who live in colder countries like Canada, UK or USA do not hesitate in trying out western fashion. For e.g., almost all Indian women I came across in London wore those sophisticated leather gloves. I guess there its just the climate plus the freedom to wear anything which makes you wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...I just read and saw that you came runner up at DLF Promenade bloggers meet. Congrats :) I saw your models and they looked fabulous. The idea of making your female model wear the same leather gloves as above was fantastic. She completely rocked the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I am so glad you liked what I did. I was a little apprehensive at first because I NEVER style but thought it'll be fun. However, where did you read I came runner up, because I didn't. Ha Ha Ha. Don't think the judges liked my look. LOL! By the way, speaking of the gloves, I finally wore the fingerless gloves from Karl Lagerfeld. Man they instantly transform any outfit. LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for getting & being able to wear your Karl fingerless gloves :) Actually, yeah i misread it on one of the blogs that you were runner up, but nonetheless your look was one of the best...quite retro and chic at the same time. In fact you could go out there & style, or even run your own clothing line or fashion brand. I am sure you'd be able to come up with great designs. I wish I was present at the DLF promenade bloggers meet to see the show in person. Is there any video online where I could see the designs and the whole bloggers meet event ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if you can see the video anywhere. Maybe you can check with the DLF promenade people. They have a twitter account. By the way that look was kind of inspired by Karl because off late I've been obsessed by him hahahaha. Man styling is scary! Paris fashion week street style is something that I find extremely inspiring. I see you have a great love for fashion. What is it that you do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a marketing/sales executive in merchandising industry for retails products. I am working in Delhi for the past 3 years and have great interest in fashion. I am always looking up at different fashion blogs on the internet. So, I try to just follow them, appreciate them and try the same trends on myself.

    ReplyDelete