Saturday 8 March 2014

Bag Review: Alexander Mcqueen De Manta Clutch In White Leather

When I purchased my stained glass printed, satin De Manta before Christmas, I was totally overjoyed with it. Not was, still am. My BFF then saw it, adored it and decided to order one for herself too. Except she liked a De Manta in white leather with a black outline and in a smaller size. I ordered it for her to our Dubai address as like I mentioned before, I live there for a month every alternate month and duties are only 5 per cent so its much cheaper to order stuff to my Dubai address.

As soon as I got my hands on the bag, I had to inspect every nook and corner of it. I was very disappointed with what I saw. I'm not sure if it was the softness of the leather or the colour of the clutch but the finishing was far from impressive. To be honest, it looked like something Ayesha could have picked up at the Select Citywalk flea market.

The most unattractive part were the magnetic closures which are not subtle at all. What I mean to say is that if you compare it to my dark De Manta, you'll see what I'm talking about. The finishing around the buttons was very ugly which made me come to the conclusion that one should stick to a dark colour when purchasing this model. Its okay that the buttons are beneath the material and it is inevitable that you will see them jutting out. But it doesn't have to look ugly right? With a dark colour, they are just less visible.





Notice how the buttons are less visible

The overall look in general is just unimpressive. It just looks so blah. Like there's nothing exceptional when you see it, feel it and hold it. When you hold a designer bag, it should stand out and feel good. This one does none of that. The leather is a bit too soft and looks flimsy. Maybe if the leather was a little more stiff it would have looked better. For some reason, it just looks like a cheap knock off which isn't what one would expect from a McQueen bag.


alexander+mcqueen+white+leather


Agreed that the De Manta is one of the most coveted bags and personally I love them. The shape is so unique and will always stand out. However, just try and stick to the darker colours when you choose to purchase one. Or opt for buying it from the boutique so you can inspect it thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Clutch to carry over, ultimate design & fine detailing. This white leather clutch bag is stylish and functional to use. Thanks for sharing such a versatile and trendy Leather clutch.

    ReplyDelete