Tuesday 4 March 2014

Currently Trending: The White Shirt

A white shirt has always been a wardrobe staple for me. It's one of the most versatile pieces a girl can own. You can pair it with literally anything from your closet and dress it down or up depending on the occasion. There have been times when I didn't have the time to get changed from a busy day to head out at night, so all I did was continue to wear my white shirt and blue skinny jeans, put on a pair of orange pumps, big earrings, rolled up my sleeves and stacked a bunch of bracelets, grabbed a fun clutch and I was all set for a night out. Oh, I forgot to add, I put on a deep burgundy colour on my lips as well. The result was fabulous. For a day time look, pair it with a skirt and bejewelled flats or whatever you may be comfortable with and once again, good to go.

The classic white shirt has been reinvented over the years and just gets more fashionable as the seasons go by. Currently, I have been obsessed with the white stuff that Alexander Wang has been creating. especially this cropped white shirt for SS 14.

Here are my top picks in the coolest white shirts. Mind you, its really hard to make a product page with a white back ground and white shirts all over it so instead of just putting product images I've used the pictures with the models so its easier to see!



1. Joseph Jin Two - Tone Cotton Poplin Shirt - I love the black trim on this one, adds a slight edge to a simple white shirt. The sleeves also have the black trim. Click here to purchase.

2. MCQ by Alexander McQueen Racer-Back Stretch Cotton Poplin Top - I chose this white shirt because of the super cool racer-back. Very relaxed and informal when worn on its own, yet you can transition it into a slightly formal look by pairing it with a blazer. Click here to purchase.

3. Alexander Wang Cropped Men's Shirt - Off late, Wang is turning into a bit of an obsession of mine. His SS 14 collection was mind blowing. Every look, especially that Parental Advisory sweatshirt had the fashion fraternity going crazy. Apart from that, generally, the silhouettes were very off duty and somewhat reminded me of the whole naughty school girl look. A very posh naughty school girl! I featured this particular shirt because of the raw edges. Also isn't it cute how the buttons have been stitched with X es on them?! There's a very fun attitude that comes with this cropped, frayed hem shirt. It says Wang's girl isn't so serious when it comes to fashion. She finds perfection in imperfection. Click here to check it out. This shirt cannot be delivered to India, but if you have any friends in the US you can order it there or contact Le Mill to inquire if they will be stocking it.

4. House Of Holland Embroidered-Dove Cotton Shirt - This runway shirt from House Of Holland is perfectly in line with the current boxy trend. Simple, clean cut, slightly cropped with a religious symbol embroidered on it, the shirt can be paired with almost anything from your closet. Click here to purchase.

5. Zara Poplin Flared Blouse - There's something that's very Alexander Wang or Phoebe Philo ish about this shirt. I'm not sure if it's just me who feels that. I love the loose silhouette on it and the way it flares out. Click here to check it out or go to Zara at Select City Walk mall to try it on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment