Friday 28 February 2014

Bag Review: Wild Wild West - Discovering The New Gucci Nouveau Shoulder Bag

As you all know by now, I'm a bagaholic. And when I discovered this latest release from Gucci's SS 14 collection, I had to blog about it. Its such a playful bag and so perfect for summer! Not to mention luxurious.

The Gucci Nouveau features a very classic shape and is of course equestrian inspired (the flap resembles a saddle). There are two versions to the Nouveau, with or without fringes. The long fringes infuse a Western touch to the bag and its fun to watch them move as you move. My favourite part of the Nouveau is the cool black lacquered bamboo details. Normally the bamboo is brown and looks slightly mature, but the new look is quite contemporary and fresh. I love how the signature Gucci tassels too have the bamboo detailing on them. Its like luxury all over!

Also, the whipstitches on the top handle add an element of cool rawness which I adore. By the way, those big stitches are done manually and require a specific technique to do so. Inside the bag are three pockets which makes it easier to organise your essentials (phone, wallet, keys, etc.) so you're not fumbling to find them like I almost ALWAYS do!

In terms of materials and colours, there are plenty to choose from. Suede cachemire (a printed leather made from calf skin, featuring a silk-sheen suede look), leather and exotic skins like soft laminated python in black, cobalt blue and stunning shades of red. I've got my eye on the blue suede one. God its so pretty.

As always, the bags are all handmade in Italy displaying the finest craftsmanship. It takes the artisans up to two days to work on a single bag. I am attaching some pictures of the making so you can get a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes.

gucci+nouveau+bag






gucci+bag+ss+14


Image Courtesy: Gucci

No comments:

Post a Comment