Thursday 27 February 2014

London Fashion Week FW 14/15 - The Funky Stuff

Before I go on to talk about the London trends, I want to quickly talk about some of the really funky stuff that some designers showcased. Fashion weeks are incomplete without a few designers adding a dramatic effect on their clothes.

At Christopher Kane, it was the very cool S-shaped sleeves that had a hole at the end to put your hand through it. Another look consisted of some complex work with stiff organza (and lots of it). It looked like beautiful origami. At Mary Katrantzou it was the METAL apron like dress with some embellishments on it. I love how there were two holes on the metal plate on top for the hook fastening. I will add a close up image of it so you can see what I'm talking about. Ashish Gupta had a look consisting of a pink top made out of LOTS of organza paired with statement jeans which said VOGUE on one side and JEANS on the other. I wasn't a big fan of the top but I did love the jeans.


Christopher Kane

Christopher Kane

Mary Katrantzou

Mary Katrantzou
Ashish

Giles Deacon is one British designer whose shows I always love to see. Although most of his collection comprised of slightly rebellious, biker girl style looks, there was this one dress which had bugs crawling all over it which had me drooling. Critics said the dress wasn't necessary in his collection but I still loved it. I love anything with bugs on them for some reason, and the irony is I'm scared to death of creepy crawleys when I see them in real life!


Giles

Moving on to John Rocha, there were dresses with big black organza ruffles for the bust and patches of fabric intertwined with crochet below that. Not to mention the ruffled hats too. At Roksanda Ilincic, the colourful 3D PVC embroidered dresses that closed the show were phenomenal. Whoever knew PVC could look so good! And finally at Daks there was a trench coat style flowy strapless A-line dress and recurring long fur hats that looked like those worn by the guards outside of Buckingham Palace. Agreed that the Daks collection looked pretty much like Burberry with the checks and the trench coat and all, but I still loved the hats and that gown.


John Rocha

Roksanda Ilincic

Daks


Images via Style.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment