Tuesday 9 September 2014

New York Fashion Week Round Up - Suno, Creatures Of The Wind, Lacoste

New York Fashion Week started out by checking images on my style.com app on the iPhone on the go in Russia for me (I'm still holidaying here but I try to squeeze in some work from time to time). Whilst I try to keep up with most shows, I don't end up seeing all of them from every country. I usually have my favourites short listed, however, every new season I open up my mind a little bit and start checking out labels I haven't ever seen before. This time it was Suno.

Suno

Suno
Suno - It was the first time I was checking out clothes by Suno and I have to say I have a new favourite brand in my dictionary. The vibe was relaxed and easy going with ankle length cropped pants appearing throughout the collection. I'm a huge fan of these ankle length pants. They can be paired with heels to appear more formal or paired with flats to make the look casual. Quite versatile. Overall the clothes were more on the loose side and looked extremely functional and highly suited to daily wear whilst being stylish at the same time. Prints seemed to be the focus of the collection with stripes and squares dominating the runway. There were also mis-matched prints such as florals paired with geometric squares which looked as if they belonged together. Absolutely loved it.  Silhouettes like boxy dresses with ruffles at the bottom or a dress that was stripes from the bust down and a white shirt for the bust or even the pastel blue summer jacket are just right for the days when you can't be bothered to try too hard. The collection made me smack myself at the back of my head for not discovering the label sooner.

Creatures Of The Wind

Creatures Of The Wind
Creatures Of The Wind - Yet another collection that rated high on everyday appeal. The cropped ankle length trousers were chic and understated and versatile enough to be worn during the day and in the evenings. The striped clothes were perfect for the scorching summer. Almost felt as if they were inspired by the khadi kurtas worn in India on hot summer days, especially the button down, long sleeveless tunic paired with pants. The striped, asymmetrical hemmed skirt paired with a matching cotton top had a very nonchalant vibe to it and looked very cool. The separates, like a sleeveless, yellow cotton waistcoat or the leather and herringbone jacket are great pieces to invest in for next summer. There was a grunge element to the clothes as was seen with the plaid shirt tucked into a red pencil skirt. Mind you, this was grunge meets fancy with sequins embroidered on the shirt. Pretty funky I think. Even black silk organza skirts which you may wear on an evening out were all edgy with lace on top and shiny yellow and blue thingamajigs. And finally, how about that plaid dress with numerous slits and sequinned straps that closed the show?

Lacoste

Lacoste
Lacoste - Being a huge Lacoste fan and having worn the label's clothes in the past, I always look forward to checking out the show. This collection was just really sexy. The powder blue boxy neoprene coats that opened the show featured some fantastic tailoring. In addition, it was interesting to see the use of neoprene in a sportswear brand. The first few looks were paired with sneakers; camel and white coloured ones. I have a feeling with this whole sneaker movement happening, these will be flying off the shelves. Then came the larger than life, mixed up team number printed dresses with polo necks exuding not only sporty but sexy too. After this, the theme related clothes started rolling in. The theme was yachting. But don't expect to find portholes and traditional blue and white stripes. Instead, Yachting was written on a football jersey style dress and skirts with (or without) windcheaters attached to the waist (think tying a sweater on your waist when you were in school). Or how about on a sweatshirt. Pretty neat eh? My most favourite looks were the dresses towards the end. Dresses with colour blocked stripes (instead of blue and white, try white, red and purple or purple, white and orange). And the yellow and white striped dress with a sexy, sheer blue veil as an added layer will ensure I pay regular visits to the Lacoste boutique in the next few months.

Images via style.com

 

1 comment: