Monday 3 June 2013

Pre-Fall 2013: Favourite Picks

About time to start showcasing pre-fall accessories, this is the first in a series of reviews I shall be doing selecting the good and not so good.

Oscar de la Renta: ODLR kept it simple and classy for the season transition. Out of the covetable classy styles, my most favourite pick has to be the polygon minaudiere. It is refreshing to see a new shape with simple tones that are pleasing on the eye. Did I ever mention that I am a "sequin overload" kinda girl? The blush and navy case had to come next thus! And those powder blue heels -- the colour is love at first sight.

 

Chanel: Okay I have to admit, I would never ever get tired of Chanel. Even the most critiqued collections call out to me. The other day, I had a meeting with the Marielou Phillips for a work assignment, and trust me, us ladies spent half the time gushing on Lagerfeld's genius. Ushering in pre-fall with a very avant-garde style were these accessories out of which I absolutely love the camelia take on the boots -- a symbol that has become synonymous with the house. Secondly, there's nothing not to love about the cuff shown which is accentuated by feathers, and finally, fashionistas can kick it back in style with these olive high-tops with tassel-ended lace-ups.


Jimmy Choo: I am not a huge fan of the label, but I loved the colours incorporated into the pre-fall collection. Brights always bring a breath of life when the weather gives way for worse days. Two styles of slinky sandals and a simple neon clutch rocked my boat to some extent.



Nicholas Kirkwood: Over the years, we have really seen Kirkwood's collections tone down -- which I hate! I mean come on, bring back the footsy crazies. Yet, after saying this, I was delighted to see again, a delicious wonderment of heavenly powder blue! I loved these three pairs -- the delicate lace in the first paired with golden pencils are perfect to play the "something blue" part at a wedding. Then being a sucker for pink, any of it is most welcome -- the platform sandal and the booties are next on my wanted list.



3.1 Phillip Lim: Lovely animal textures incorporated into shades of cerulean and noir, Lim's collection is a fantastic merger of form and function adapted to no-fuss collectibles. Daddy, if you are reading this, I am meant to be carrying the blue leather tote to work. All in all, the line is primal yet in a very sophisticated avatar.


Versace: The gods of bling, house Versace presented their signature take on accessories with regal gold insignia adding tad shine, tad overtness and ample flare. I can totally see a lot of Delhi fashionistas working these and how! What caught my eye is the minute gold piping detail in both these pairs of shoes brought out with such impeccable perfection. On the other hand, I would agree that there's nothing special about the medusa necklace but then again, it is Versace; it is a necessity to show the ever evolving form of their most iconic brand mark.


Saint Laurent Paris: Hedi Slimane also stuck to the traditional simplistic take on everything YSL with a muted collection -- but I still think there's something more to be desired, especially with the shoes. Agreed, such designs become literal "heirlooms" passed on from mother to daughter, I would really like to see something outstanding. It need not be exaggerated fashion -- minimalistic can too be impressive.




1 comment:

  1. The stiletto pumps are very similar to the Opyum shoes designed by Pilatti for YSL. I was a sucker for them. Have them in two colours!! Lol

    ReplyDelete