Wednesday 5 June 2013

Summer Sale Wish List!!

So it’s June and it’s officially SALE time, which is when I feel extremely ambivalent. I know that sounds retarded, but okay so what I get ecstatic about is all those gorgeous clothes and shoes marked down and what makes me sad is either I order impulsively and they never see the light of day again as they stay in my closet (I’ve got a pair of Brian Atwoods that I've never worn and a stunning silk Halston Heritage top which I wore only once amongst my impulsive online buys) or I like way too many things and can’t buy all of them. You see the dilemma?

It’s bad enough the in store sales have also started here in Dubai and I walked into Gucci hoping to spend some more money on another pair of flat sandals, except the damn place had nothing nice left (I heard there was a 2 hour long queue the day the sale started) so I guess the gods had showered the husband with lots of luck. Not to mention I leave for London in 10 days and apparently the day I reach is the day the Harrods sale starts!! I even told my friend to take me there right after she picks me from the airport (I land in the afternoon so I’m all set), except she thought I was behaving like a spoilt cow. Again the gods have showered the husband with all the luck. She says we should wait and on go on a Monday so there will be less people, but what the hell will I shop two days into the sale when everything is GONE? Whatever! I don’t understand why the husband has to have all the good luck.

I’ve been bombarded with emails from Saks Fifth Avenue, Matches Fashion (I'm a big online shopper since I get more variety to choose from) and so on about x percentage of discounts and bla bla. I’m doing everything in my power to stop myself. I already ordered and received a Giles by Giles Deacon illustrated canvas tote, however, I don't know exactly why I ordered it since I almost NEVER buy bags on sale. Oh, now i remember why I! Because it was free shipping, also, it was really cheap, I mean it was 82 pounds on sale and the free shipping saved me another 20 pounds!

Saks Fifth Avenue is on Sale!! Yaay!




Designer Discouts, Summer Sale
Pardon my horrid photo shop skills!!


Anyways, so it’s the usual dilemma about what I really need and don’t need so this time, I thought I’d keep it real, you know, stick to the classics (if sale items can ever be called that). I saw these gorgeous Alice + Olivia pumps and the Saint Laurent Paris Tribute pumps on sale and my advice is to pick them up ASAP since the black and white trend is carrying forward to fall/winter too.  If you’re not in the mood to experiment and want to stick to the basics, then these blue satin Manolo Blahnik shoes are perfect as they have a classic silhouette and will last a few seasons.

I think the best time to buy jackets and blazers is on sale, at least you save some money there. What do you think of this J Brand X Christopher Kane denim biker jacket (that too at 50% off!)? I think it’s really cool to wear on a holiday and once Delhi has slightly cooler weather come October.

Okay, I’m squealing as I say this but my favourite Oscar De La Renta earrings are on sale and I’m giddy with excitement! Sadly I can’t order them to India directly from their website, but thank god for friends in the States. I’ve been watching these damn earrings since they came out in the spring.

I know I mentioned something about rarely buying bags on sale; however, an Alexander McQueen box clutch on sale is good enough to break all the rules! These babies are usually pricey, so if you get one on sale, GRAB IT!

I’ve also got a scarf obsession going on and am perpetually on the hunt for some edgy scarves so when I saw this one from Giles by Giles Deacon (just perfect to match my new tote) I figured, why not! Its on sale with a 41% discount ((don’t ask me why it’s 41, that’s just weird) and a good scarf is a always a must have.


With that being said, Happy Sale Shopping my lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment