Monday 1 December 2014

Top Six Must Have Backpacks - Bringing Sexy Back!


Whoever said backpacks are for school going kids can now easily take a hike! As you may have witnessed from street style photos, these babies are now equally essential to those who aren't in school anymore. Okay so I'm not talking about Chanel's 3,400 USD canvas graffiti backpack that was seen on every bigwig blogger, model and pretty much most of the fashion flock. For this fall, these bags come in various price ranges, materials and funky designs. Furthermore, as I gear up for motherhood (10 weeks to go!!) I constantly find myself worrying about how I'm going to manage a stroller, baby bag and my own handbag whilst staying fabulous at the same time. Enter backpacks! I can safely say, I now have the most trendy solution to my "getting around town with a new born" problems. I can hold the bag on both my shoulders, or casually sling it on one arm - whatever the case, here are some of the coolest rucksacks you need to invest in.

1. Alexander Wang Dumbo Textured Leather Backpack - I've always been a fan of the brand's Rocco handbag with the studded base and now to see the same on a backpack. It's like I'm smitten all over again. I absolutely adore the textured leather and the colour, well, we all know how much I love blue. Click here to purchase or check with Le Mill India for availability.

2.  Saint Laurent Paris Backpack - Whilst this may be from the label's men's collection, I didn't see any reason why girls cant wear it too. I like the black and white take on the classic leopard print along with how lightweight it is. Made from nylon with splashes of leather here and there and of course a price tag of only 895 USD, this bag is too good to give up! Click here to check it out or check at your local Kitsch boutique for availability.

3. Karl Lagerfeld K Kuilted Leather Backpack - King of narcissism, Karl Lagerfeld's quilted bag features numerous Ks (I did mention he's a narcissist) on the quilting along with a squarish shape made from soft leather. The flap closure over the drawstring ensures all your essentials are safe and I really like how the black is contrasted with a colourful interior. Although, it could do without the hefty price tag. My suggestion, as cool as the bag is, is to buy it on sale. Click here to purchase.

4. Perrin Paris Flap Backpack - Ever since I discovered Perrin Paris, I have been a huge fan. Their glove clutches are to die for! Anyways, this bag is another hit from the brand. The chocolate brown leather is soft but not slouchy and if you're a winged bag fan then the two side pockets will bode well for you. Not to mention a little extra storage space for convenience never really hurts. I also like the old school buckle used as a closure. Aren't you a fan already? Click here to purchase.

5. Elizabeth & James Cynnie Sling Leather Tassel Backpack - Don't you just love it when there's more than one way to wear a bag? I know I do! I love how you can hold it on your shoulder as a bucket bag (they're so HOT right now) or simply take the detachable strap off and use it at as a rucksack if you change your mood. The khaki green leather is perfect for the winter and the fringed tassel is so playful. Finally, at INR 37,000 you really can't go wrong. Click here to purchase.

6. Jerome Dreyfuss Leopard Print Calf Hair Backpack - This baby is just so chic with it's luxurious calf hair, the suede and chain shoulder strap and sexy leopard print. The bag features a drawstring closure and black canvas lining. Furthermore, it comes with it's own flashlight so you never need to use your iPhone light anymore! I love clever bag accessories (like the Bulgari bag raincoat that came with the bag). Oh and the shoulder straps are detachable so you can change the way you wear the bag too. Yay, more than one way to wear it! Isn't it such a cool bag? Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment