Saturday 18 February 2017

Fuss Free, On The Go, Mom Dressing

As a mother constantly running behind a toddler, I've come to realise there is nothing more important for me than comfortable dressing. But that doesn't mean that I'm in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie (however trendy athleisure may be) all the time. I cannot compromise my style quotient but at the same time I can't wear tight fitted clothes that restrict my movement.

I've been in Colombo accompanying the husband on a work trip for over a week now. When the husband is at work, Rania and I are usually out and about. Being an extremely active baby, I am mostly chasing after her so she doesn't wander off somewhere/put pebbles in her mouth/covering herself in mud etc. Thankfully, before the trip, I invested in some key pieces of clothing that were a perfect balance of stylish and comfy. In the product page below, you'll find some really playful shirts that make a statement without having to do much. I've grown tired of wearing the plain button down shirt (despite having plenty in my wardrobe) and have been opting for ones that come with ruffles and big sleeves. Furthermore, these options are great for anyone who in on the go. None of these pieces require much thought. It's literally putting it on and heading for the door whilst looking fabulous.





1. Zara Striped Poplin Blouse With Frills - As I mentioned above, I've been looking for fun shirts with lots of ruffled detailing. This one is is just perfect because it's a slightly looser fit so you don't really feel stuffed in it and who doesn't love poplin once the weather starts heating up.

2. H&M Straight Cropped Regular Jeans - I have literally been living in this pair of jeans. I swapped my favourite 7 For All Mankind Roxanne skinnys for this high waisted, straight cut pair. I love the ankle length, and raw hemmed edges and honestly, they're actually the most comfy jeans I've ever worn. Finally, in the heat, skinny fits just end up sticking to your body making them so annoying. This pair works great when the temperatures are rising and you still want to wear your jeans.

3. Zara Checked Trousers With Darts - I've been going through a cropped phase when it comes to my bottoms. I like everything to flail about my ankles. Anyways, if you're in a more formal mood, then these  fit the bill. They look really trendy and can be paired with anything; A tank, a formal blouse or even one of those oversized, masculine shirts.

4. Zara Printed Top With Bow Sleeves - If ruffles isn't your thing, then perhaps this shirt with red stripes, printed birds and bows on the sleeves might just do the trick.

5. H&M Frilled Blouse - A whimsical take on the classic white shirt, this one is definitely a piece I'm going to pick up for my wardrobe. Plus, everyone knows I have a serious white shirt obsession.

6. Gucci Pricetown Slides - I'm yet to come across a pair of flat slip ons that completely transform a look the way these do. I've already got two and I have been eyeing the red one to add to my collection. The best part is they look amazing with everything. Fashion week, cocktail party, errands, lunches, dinners; mine have accompanied me everywhere. I literally can't live without them!

7. Kenzo Kombo Bucket Bag - So I've come to conclusion that when I'm out and about with Rania, it's best to take a bag that is reasonably priced and not high maintenance like most of my other purses.  I have a Kombo bucket bag too that I bought two years ago, and what I love best about it is how I can carry it cross body and be completely hands free. Furthermore, this bag is not all leather so I don't need to freak out if it gets a little dirty. The one from their new collection has iconic Kenzo eye all over the front so it's really cool.

8. Zara Fabric Sling Back Shoes - If you're on a tight budget, then these Zara shoes can sort you out for now.

9. Saint Laurent Paris Monogram Earrings - I have a thing for statement jewellery. If I'm wearing a simple outfit, I make sure that it's accessorised appropriately so I don't look too basic. These earrings were seen on the SS17 runway show and created a major buzz. I can't even begin to imagine how these would transform even the most simplest looks. Tie your hair up for maximum impact.

I am going to post some photos of me so you can see how effortless some of these pieces are. If you're running short on time, then a few fabulous shirts just what you need in your closet. Oh and these mom jeans wouldn't hurt either. I'm so over skinny jeans!!! Also, if you like the white shirt I'm wearing, its also from Zara. It was just way too white and wasn't translating well on the product page. But it's a fabulous top. Leg'O'Mutton sleeves, a high collar and an oversized fit. Check it out at the store if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment