Monday 15 July 2013

Five Things of Fancy

Alright guys we know we have been kind of MOA from the blog for a week, but sometimes things just get so busy for both of us and it is difficult to post -- we do not like to do half-arsed jobs, it takes a lot of effort. This whole week has been kind of a mess for me -- bad experiences galore including being very very sick as I write this, three chipped nails, and a weight-disc slipping bam on my feet (ouch) and me doubling over in pain -- okay, I am a major clutz! But now I have bounced back in total action with the start of a new week.  Pray it lasts. I wanted to update you guys on 'five things of fancy' that's been at the back of my mind alongside writing something about my own style (I will ask Hanadi to post one on her style which by the way I think screams refined non-fussy chic). Here's your dose:

Five Things of Fancy

1. I was browsing Modaoperandi and Ostwald-Helgason Resort 2014 hems caught my eye! You like? Piped and perfected, I loved the contrast detail -- nothing new you may say but look at that finish!

Ostwald Helgason Resort 2014
2. This pink-animal print merchandise from Katie Grand Love Hogan that you can shop from here. The have super-cute phone covers and things as well, and the print is available in standard black and white. You may consider them a bit too pricey for faux material, but what can I say? Hello! Collectibles!

Katie Grand Loves Hogan Pouch and Flats
3. The photo diary of Anna Sui on her Tanzania trip showcased on Style.com capturing candid and livid images of the designer's escapade to the the wilds.

Designer Anna Sui on Tanzanian adventures
4. This very pretty spread we had prepared at work showcasing country-specific designer goodies. Shown here are the American masters and British eccentricities at their best.

American and British Designers
5. The magnificent result of the most awe-som-est collaboration -- these hyper-cute mascaras designed by Alber Elbaz of Lanvin for Lancome (which Hanadi is already a proud owner of and I am soon to be!).
Alber Elbaz for Lancome
Now after these, let me introduce our dear readers to my sense of personal style. Regular followers already know that I often tend to contradict myself -- I swing to extremes such as a day of super bling to a downcast approach. Here's some more regarding my closet, dressing and beauty habits.

1. I am loaded on blouses of all kinds -- sheers, ruffles, pussy-bows -- you name it I have it in every colour of the rainbow minus prints. I pair them with solid pants, ballet pumps, a sling bang -- overload on the mascara and coral lipstick -- and I am set for a casual evening out.
2. At one point of time, my shoe collection touched 200 pairs -- no labels except some but mostly stuff I picked off from everywhere I went -- and stuff that I never would dare wear in public. Now I have to smuggle shoes inside my house after removing the tags as my folks kind of throw a fit.
3. I only wear red or orange nail-paint. I have done this for 4+ years now. When I get too sick, I do a French manicure.
4. I have recently developed this obsession for trying out different facials. Now today I sit with a burnt upper-lip because of a reaction.
5. I loathe jeans. I only wear them to work or in situations where I dont care about dressing well. I guess I never found the pair made for me.
6. I love anti-fit silhouettes when it comes to my dresses -- cocoon and trapeze being the most common. These total upto about 31in my closet.
7. I buy new outfits and forget about them, often (you can guess my wardrobe is a nightmare).
8. I plan on my dressing about a day in advance if I have to go out. It would otherwise be a disaster in my room from too many trials.
9. All my prized ensembles are tailored -- never ready-brought. Nothing exudes the classic fit of made to order garments. These include jumpsuits and palazzos too which I think most people get a wrong fit out of.
10. Essentials I think every woman should have -- pearl or solitaire studs, sleeve-free leotards with fitted bras instead of stupid 'spaghetti tops or tubes' to layer under sheer shirts (black/ white/ skin), signature day and night perfumes, a sizeable collection of delicious lip balms and glosses, sweats that make you look sexy in black or navy (I cannot stress enough on the versatility of these), label flip flops and I don't mean Puma, a high-quality lace-up corset that would change the way you look at yourself in a mirror, pumps in peep-toe, round-toed and pointy (my signature shade is red), and lastly, black pants that fit you like a second-skin without the slightest hint of a camel-toe!



No comments:

Post a Comment