Wednesday 31 July 2013

Must Have Handbags

It’s been a while since I’ve documented a post on “must have handbags” and I have now decided to make this a monthly post if not every fortnight. Us girls are always on the lookout for the perfect purse, despite numerous “perfect” purses taking up most of the closet space. IT bags, seasonal bags, clutches, funky bags, exotic skin bags; they’re all there in our closets, yet the search for bags continues. At least for me it’s on a daily basis. Here are some of the clutches and bags that are currently on my mind.

Designer Clutches, Must have handbags, DLF Emporio



1. Balmain Embroidered Silk Clutch - I'm usually not a big fan of the bling, but somehow this one caught my eye and my heart. I love the intricate embroidery and the leather lining is an added bonus. This clutch is perfect for upcoming wedding season come Fall. Click here to purchase.

2. Kotur Mr Miaudiere Clutch - Off late, I have seen myself getting more and more attracted to playful clutches, especially this one. The whimsical surrealist style mustache really makes this baby a head turner oh and it also comes with an optional chain strap. Click here to purchase.

3. Charlotte Olympia Royal Pandora Clutch - What better way to celebrate the new prince's birth than with this fairy tale inspired Pandora clutch! It comes with three satin pouches; a mushroom like print, an enchanted forest and another forest like print with our favorite fairy tale animals on it. I love how every season she comes up with more fun arm candy to give to us. Click here to purchase.

4. Alexander McQueen Embroidered Silk Knuckle Box Clutch - I can never have a bag post without including an over the top McQueen knuckle clutch. This applique work is just exquisite and the angels on the clasp reminds me of Florentine Renaissance art (my favorite!). All in all, a real beauty and again, just perfect for the shaadi season. Click here to purchase. Or you can check Kitsch in DLF Emporio.

5. Valentino Rockstud Nappa Leather Clutch - The Valentino Rockstud series have been the rage for the last few seasons and continues to do so. Simple yet edgy with a cool detachable wrist strap, this clutch is a must have. Click here to purchase.

6. Urania Gazelli Queen of Hearts Clutch - Ladies, please meet the hottest new clutch designer on the block, Urania Giourmetaki. Her plexiglass clutches are made in her homeland of Greece using the finest materials and craftsmen. The Queen of Hearts clutch is really perfect for for the Diwali season which isn't too far away. How cool to show up at a cards party with this fabulous clutch. Sadly it's not available online right now, however keep checking online for availability and of course, if you do manage to find out where it can be purchased please let me know too! 

7. Oscar De La Renta Embellished Satin Clutch - The color on this clutch is just so delicious and the embellished clasp is so pretty and feminine. Perfect for a lovely garden party during the day, or a cocktail at night, this piece is a classic and will be in style for years to come. Click here to purchase.

8. Saint Laurent Paris Cassandre Tassel Leather Clutch - Currently I am going through a serious YSL obsession. I've got a Belle De Jour wallet, a Cabas Chyc Tote and a Chyc clutch, yet I cant stop but be in awe of this clutch. The YSL logo and the tassels are just so chic and the classic silhouette means it can be used season after season. Click here to purchase. Or you can check Kitsch in DLF Emporio



Must have handbags, DLF Emporio


1. Chloe Baylee Tote - I've been wanting to buy a Chloe bag for a while but thought that there were already too many Marcie and Paratay bags all around. Enter the Baylee tote! I love the color blocked leather (the back of the bag is black), the slouchy structure and especially the gold hardware. The chain detailing on the zip can also be used a bracelet (double bonus!) and the optional shoulder strap is perfect for those days when you just cant be bothered to carry the bag on the nook of your arm. Ah, the perfect day bag. Click here to purchase.

2. Marni Vinyl and Leather Shopper - Every monsoon season in Delhi I live in the fear that my precious handbags might get rained on and pretty much stop using them which is not the ideal scenario for me. Therefore, just a few weeks ago I went on and ordered a Lanvin nylon shopper so that I need not worry about ruining the leather on my bags anymore. This Marni shopper is just brilliant for the current monsoons. The vinyl wont get all messed up yet you have a stylish black and white shopper to go out with too (the black and white trend is continuing into the fall ). Sometimes I'm amazed at how brilliant I am. Click here to purchase.

3. Nina Ricci Marche Suede Paneled Leather Tote - I've never been a fan of Nina Ricci bags, but that's not the case this time. I'm really digging this paneled leather tote especially the non fussy and simple structure of the bag. The texture seems buttery soft and the contrasting chocolate brown suede is yummy. It comes with a detachable pouch and the bag is adjustable from the sides too. Click here to purchase.

4. Roger Vivier Medium Prismick Suede Shoulder Bag - If there was one way I could describe love at first sight, this bag would be it. Vivier's Prismick bags have been spotted on numerous celebrities since the collection was launched and are extremely coveted. The bag has the potential of becoming a real icon. Click here to purchase.

5. Victoria Beckham Liberty Shopper - By now you all must have known my love for Victoria Beckham as a designer. Her clothes are just fabulous and you know what, so are her bags! The Liberty shopper is definitely on my list of bags to buy. I love it's minimalistic silhouette and that it's virtually logo free. Click here to purchase. Or you can check Kitsch in DLF Emporio, 

6. Sophie Hulme Envelope Mini Floral Print Leather Shoulder Bag - I've been eyeing this British designer's bags for a few months now and I must say, her bags are really impressive. This floral printed bag is great for the day and even at night (once you remove the shoulder strap, the bag is now a clutch!). Couldn't ask for more. Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment