Thursday 5 December 2013

Love Of A Lifetime - Gucci Flats

Hello my lovelies!!

Okay so it's been a pretty exciting two weeks for me (minus the Chanel drama I blogged about ) shopping wise. December time is usually when I get super excited for the holidays and dish out some of my savings towards some exciting shopping.

First up was a pair of my annual Gucci flats which is what I'm going to talk about in this post. So the thing is, since I discovered the Gucci Brit flats in 2009, there's been no turning back for me. I realized I found the perfect pair of flats to live in all day long. Despite being an avid fashion lover, I cannot wear heels all day long, unless of course I have an event or a day time party to attend. But more often than not, I have to wear flats during the day. So when i found those Brit flats in their Florence boutique, that lovely Summer of 2009, I was instantly in love. I wore them all year long to the point where the lovely brown canvas turned grey. Thereafter, every year, I made sure I purchased at least one pair annually to wear on a daily basis. Gucci's superior quality can make a single pair of shoes last for years to come. If I want, I can actually wear all my old Gucci flats for another year at least, but because I'm a bit of a cow, I just buy a new pair every year.

My first pair of Gucci Brits with pink leather

So usually, they come out with different variations of the interlocking G's, but for this resort collection, they came out with something different which I was head over heels in love with. They have horse bits on them!! It was literally a 15 minute trip to the Gucci boutique. From walking in, to trying them and paying for them. That's how quick it was because I'm telling you ladies, I have never seen hotter casual flats.

gucci+2014+flat+sandals



I remember last year, before I went off for my holiday to Jordan, I thought let me venture outside of Gucci to buy flats. Since I have the benefit of partially living in Dubai (I spend about a month here every alternate month), I had access to a lot more brands than what we have in Delhi. I went to Harvey Nichols, Saks Fifth Avenue, Galleries Lafayette, Bloomingdales and the flagship boutiques, but somehow couldn't find a simple pair of sturdy flats. There were a plethora of fancy ones (currently crushing on a Chanel pair), but I can't walk around all day long in a pair that's delicate. I need something solid, sturdy yet fashionable. So I made a full U-turn and came back to Gucci and bought yet another pair of interlocking G's for my feet.

gucci+flat+sandals
Still have two more pairs lying somewhere!

One of best durability tests my black brits with gold G's on them went through was when I was going to a water park the summer of 2011. I recall not having any other flat sandals so I wore these! Since I had spent so much money on them my heart was in my throat throughout the day because I was convinced that by the time I am done with my "adventurous" day going from water slide to water slide my sandals would be ruined. I don't mean I wore them on to the slides, but i was walking around the park with the sandals on and my feet were soaking wet throughout. Despite what I put them through at the water park and numerous other occasions, I wore them for another year and they are still wearable. But please don't wear them to a water park like I did, opt for Gucci's rubber sandals instead!

You know, I'm not the only one who swears by them. One of my BFF's is actually one step ahead of me. She doesn't just buy one, she buys them in all the different colors! This year itself, she got 3 pairs of interlocking G's and has some from previous seasons that she still wears today. My husband, brother and father have their own pairs of the men's versions. My brother in fact has been wearing his for the last 4 years! The husband practically lives in them too.

gucci+mens+flats
The men's flats! The more worn out ones are circa 2009.

Basically the lesson of this particular post is that if you're looking to buy a pair of everyday flat sandals that are also pretty, it HAS to be Gucci. Their durability comes of course from using superior quality materials combined with excellent craftsmanship and can last you for years to come. As you can see, I heart Gucci.

Check out their flats from the Cruise collection.

gucci+resort+2014+sandals

gucci+horsebit+flats











XOXO

Official Product Image Courtesy: Gucci

No comments:

Post a Comment