Thursday 26 December 2013

SALE - ing Away: Blazers & Coats


December is one of my favourite months in the whole year. Not only does it bring this amazing weather in Delhi (and Dubai) but it brings with it Christmas cheer, holiday spirit, a million New Year plans and the SALES! Since I was bombarded with emails from all my favourite e-commerce sites about their end of season sales, I have gone through them all and will be blogging about my top picks. Today’s topic is jackets. I have mentioned previously that I never end up paying full retail for jackets simply because they all go on sale in December and fortunately for us winter just doesn’t end this month. The cold really seeps into Delhi in January as well so plenty of time to wear all the newly purchased goodies. And honestly, I find winter jackets just so sexy every year I wait for November to start pulling out all my sexy winter goodies.

So today’s post I will feature some fabulous jackets and coats. You must be wondering why I chose to feature blazers for winter. Well the thing is, in India we are lucky to have the most amazing daytime temperatures (on a good day it’ll be 20 degrees in Delhi) so we are able to show off our wool blend blazers without freezing our backsides off, hence the blazers for this product page. I have featured jackets in 4 different categories: Classic, Functional, Trendy & Statement. Also, this time around, I have factored in the affordability factor as winter wear can get quite expensive.
Winter+jackets+2013
Blazers/Jackets
 

1. Theory Lanai leather-trimmed stretch-ponte blazer – A black blazer is an extremely crucial part of a girl’s closet. I myself have three of them. Two for casual wear and one beautifully tailored blazer for formal wear. This Theory jacket has an exceptional cut and the leather panels on the collar and sleeves make a strong style statement along with the padded shoulders. I love how it has an open front which means I don’t need to struggle with it trying to button it up and is versatile enough to pair with jeans, leather pants and maybe even a dress. Click here to purchase.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Martha bouclé-tweed and faux leather jacket – This boxy jacket has a very relaxed silhouette and has this ease of wear. You know usually structured and fitted jackets don’t always have room to move but in this one maybe I can flail my arms around without the risk of ripping my lining. You probably think I’m nuts but in all seriousness, it is really hard to move around in fitted jackets. I kind of have to maintain my poise at all times! Moving on, it’s a cotton and wool blend so you can easily wear it on a slightly nippy day without feeling too hot or too cold. Close it or leave it open, wear it with jeans or a skirt; it really is a versatile piece. Click here to purchase.
3. MCQ Alexander McQueen zipped tartan wool blazer – Aaah, tartan, how I LOVE you! I’ve loved tartan since I was a kid. I remember my mom used to dress me up in these gorgeous Scottish kilts when I was a little girl. Anyways, so I had been looking for an affordable yet stylish tartan jacket and now I’ve found one. Also, ever since the Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibit, punk clothing is back with a bang, so this jacket is just in line with the current trend. The best part is that its 100 per cent wool and at the current sale price it’s a great deal. I remember once, I bought this stunning white jacket from ZARA for like ten thousand rupees and it wasn’t even wool! Again this jacket has a lovely cut and is very slimming. Click here to purchase or check with Kitsch at Defence Colony.

4. Just Cavalli printed satin jacket – Just as important as a black jacket is to a girl’s closet, a statement one is also a must have. This Just Cavalli runway jacket features beautiful bright floral motifs inspired by Tibetan textiles and will be the focal point of your outfit. Just remember to balance out the accessories as you don’t want the jacket to lose its charm. I just love it when runway pieces become affordable! Click here to purchase.

Coats to keep you warm!


Winter+jackets+2013
Winter Coats

1. Sophie Hulme brushed wool blend coat – Ever since I discovered Sophie Hulme a few months ago, I have become a huge fan. I’m head over heels about her bags especially the orange one I featured in a previous post and after seeing this gorgeous jacket I took a trip to heaven and back. First up is the colour then the minimalist look and finally the very affordable sale price. At 230 pounds on sale without compromising on the fabric (its 70 per cent wool), I don’t think anyone can go wrong. Click here to purchase.
2. Burberry London quilted ruched shell coat – I had never been a big fan of bomber jackets until I got one stuffed with goose down last year. I bought one with such an amazing cut and fit that it was stylish enough to wear on a night out as well. That’s exactly what I like about this Burberry jacket. Its in a lovely purple colour and the belt is quite nice as well. Don’t you just love it when fashion meets functionality? This jacket will keep you warm on those extremely cold Delhi nights when you’re out at a farmhouse party in Chattarpur. Unlike your friends who will be brrrr ing away, you on the other hand will be quite cosy and stylish in this one! Click here to purchase or check with the Burberry boutique at DLF Emporio.

3. Isabel Marant, Etoile Isiah coat – I’m a big fan of Isabel Marant’s relaxed design aesthetic and this coat is just that. I love the cut on this one and the subtle black and white combination. It’s a very classic style coat which means that it will still be stylish for a few years to come. Click here to purchase.

4. Miu Miu wool coat – Okay so this jacket is leaning towards the steep end of the price spectrum but I swear to you the minute I saw it I was in love. Just look at the A-line silhouette and the girly skirt on the jacket. What’s there not to love?! Such a chic jacket. In fact it could turn out to be a real investment piece. Click here to purchase.
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment