Wednesday 14 September 2016

Gucci Princetown Slides - Not Your Average Flats & A Solid Investment For Your Wardrobe



Most of you who know me, know that I am constantly on the hunt for the next fabulous purse. However, what most of you don't know, is that if I'm not looking for the handbag of my life (no pun intended), I'm on a search to find the perfect pair of flat shoes. Yes, I said it. FLAT shoes. Digest it and move on. With the sneaker trend still going strong, I've got quite a few stacked up. But what about those days when you're not in that sporty mood and feel like something a little different? Whilst my numerous Gucci flats that I have hoarded in the last seven years still continue to be a constant in my life, I needed something a little fresh. What do I do if I have almost every version of their GG thong sandals (sometimes in multiple colours of the same design)??? Be it the horse bit flats or the GG microguccisma thongs or even their super old Britt thong sandals; They're all chilling in my shoe closet. But like I said, I needed something new.

We all know that Alessandro Michele has been doing a killer job over at Gucci and has been giving us some insane accessories that are selling out at most places. When the Princetown slides first came out with their kangaroo fur lining, I wasn't sure what I felt. Living between Delhi and Dubai, where summer temperatures soar to their mid to late forties, I didn't think it made sense to me. But then when I saw the plain versions of the shoes, I was sold. The slip ons boast masculine features reminiscent of men's formal shoes and come with the label's signature horse bit hardware which instantly speaks to any Gucci lover. Furthermore, the variations in Princetown are plenty and have some pretty fun detailing. I ordered the GG Blooms pair because apart from the playful printed florals on top of the shoe, the embroidered leather insole makes quite the statement. *Casually slips shoe off whilst sipping on a cappuccino somewhere fabulous*  It was a tough choice between a plain black pair, an in your face red pair and the blooms. But in the end, the insole detailing of the florals won my vote.



Honestly, I'm a person who lives in my flats. I cannot wear heels during the day, and quite frankly, I choose not to. Which is why owning the perfect pair of comfortable shoes is extremely important to me. These new slides, fit the bill in every possible way and are a solid investment for my shoe wardrobe. I can wear them as easily with an off duty look as I could with a formal cropped pantsuit. Wear it with short shirt dress or with an ankle length slip dress, raw hemmed ankle length jeans or tiny shorts; the possibilities are endless giving you really good value for your money. More than anything else, they completely transform any outfit giving your look a very stylish and posh feel. You'll know exactly what I'm talking about once you put on a pair.

Despite it's slightly hefty price tag, I can safely say that a single pair will last you a while and I speak from years of experience of owning Gucci footwear. I wanted to test their comfort level, so I wore them for almost six hours one day and I didn't feel even the slightest pinch in my feet. I go on a holiday at the end of this month, and if there's one pair of shoes I plan to wear from morning to night, it's these ones. Don't be surprised if I come back with another pair (or two) because baby, these are what you need right now.

And as always, I've done a fair amount of research on the price and the best place to buy them is the United Kingdom. Even if you end up paying the VAT, it still works out cheaper than buying it at most places in the world. You can check their website to see if your choice is available in the duty free boutique at Terminal 3, or Terminal 5. Although, you'll be lucky if you can find them in your size.

Until then,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment