Thursday 23 May 2013

On a hot summer day...


Oh god, Delhi temperatures seem to be sky rocketing by the minute and to think of going out during the day is just dreadful. But of course, all of you have busy schedules be it running to pick your kids from school, socializing, heading for meetings or whatever. What does one do to dress up in this heat?! On most occasions, I just feel like putting on a long cotton Pakistani style kurta paired with tights, but of course that can’t possibly work all the time.

Anyways, so the deal is it’s hot and we have to deal with it. Placing ourselves under house arrest till 7pm is not a solution and dressing like a garbage bag isn't either. So I figured why not have fun with what we wear despite the soaring temperatures. Summer is all about bright colours and cheerful prints even if it’s so hot you could melt. Here’s what I’m feeling to cheer me up from all this heat.

summer day dressing, delhi summer


1.       Marc by Marc Jacobs Cat Eye Sunglasses – Click here to purchase.

2.       Dolce & Gabbana Printed Silk-Twill Top – The duo’s SS 13 collection was just so cheerful and SO Italian.One glance at this top and I feel like jet setting to Sicily and stay there forever. The printed lemons are so  happy and make me nostalgic about my Italian vacation a few years ago. Just perfect for one of those days  when you’re sulking about the weather and need something to brighten your day. Click here to purchase.

3.       Celine Case Bag – So you’ll notice a lot of Celine in my blog posts simply because I LOVE Phoebe’s  creations. This bag in delicious orange is a must have for any occasion.Check with Kitsch at DLF Emporio  for availability.

4.       Dolce & Gabbana Floral Print Headscarf – Wearing a headscarf is so retro.Makes me want to jump in a vintage car and go on a road trip with my girls.Click here to purchase.

5.       Tory Burch Straight Leg Pants – A pair of white cropped pants is a wardrobe staple and can be paired with everything. Click here to purchase.

6.       Hermès Calèche Enamel Bracelet – Check with the Oberoi boutique for availability.

7.       Stella McCartney Neon Trim Espadrilles – I think espadrilles are so summery. Be it flats or wedges they  really are perfect for the day especially in bright colours. Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment