Tuesday 28 May 2013

Summer Holiday Essentials

Today I’m in an exceptionally fabulous mood as I leave tomorrow for my Dubai home for a few weeks and then off to a vacation with the husband! Of course this means me having to sit down and pack at some point during the day, however, knowing me I’ll probably be running around like a headless chicken tomorrow unable to decide what essentials to pack and probably end up taking everything I own! Despite the fact that I travel nearly every three weeks and have been doing so for the last two years, packing is something I’m just pathetic at.

You know sometimes it’s just so hard to decide what to take and what not to take. There are the day clothes, the evening clothes, the “I feel fat” clothes, the shoes that coordinate with the outfits, what if the weather is cold, what if it’s hot, oh god I’m already getting dizzy thinking about it! It doesn’t help that the husband’s voice is echoing in my ears “Hanadi make sure you pack light”, “Hanadi, I swear I’m going to go through your suitcase to check everything you've decided you need”, “Hanadi, you’re only allowed to take one handbag”! I just can’t catch a break!

Anyways since I've got my holiday mode turned on, I figured might as well start making a list of essentials I need to shop for as soon as i hit Dubai. Going on a vacation ALWAYS requires shopping (shopping on a holiday is a whole other concept). What you pack also depends on where you go, however, certain essentials are imperative to pack on any summer holiday!

Summer Holiday Packing


1.       Miu Miu Bow Bandeau Swimsuit – No matter where you are this summer (unless you love visiting cold countries) you are bound to hit the pool/beach and when you do, this retro swimsuit is just what you need. Click here to purchase.

2.       Micheal Kors Raffia Shopper – I love raffia bags for the summer and this one is just adorable. I love how its roomy enough to fit all my essentials and stylish at the same time. The price tag doesn't hurt either! Click here to purchase.

3.       Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief – I think the name says it all here! Check with the Select City Walk store for availability.

4.       Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector – A sunscreen is a must have for anywhere, however, if you’re playing tourist and are going to be out and about all day then this super light sunblock is a must have. Check with the Select City Walk store for availability.

5.       Zara Floral Printed Summer Dress – No summer vacation is complete without a floral dress. The best part about this dress is that it can work both day and night. Check the Zara boutiques in Delhi for availability.

6.       Dolce & Gabbana Leopard Print Passport Cover – I love this passport cover! The Mont Blanc one my husband wanted to get me was so boring. This on the other hand doubles my excitement of leaving on a jet plane!! Click here to purchase.

7.       Tory Burch Flamingo Cosmetic Case – The colourful flamingo is just SO cute. Click here to purchase.

8.       Lanvin Partition Camera Bag – Well, what can I say about this gorgeous wristlet? Use it to protect your digicam during the day and party with it at night. Oh by the way, it’s in scrumptious python skin. Sadly not available in India. But remember I talked about shopping whilst on a holiday? This is exactly what you need to buy.

9.       Karl Lagerfeld T-shirt – Cotton tees are a must have during a holiday. They're non fussy and easy to pack and this one especially is so fun. I love Karl’s illustration on it; gives a simple tee a stylish touch. Click here to purchase.

10.   Rag & Bone Frayed Denim Shorts – Perfect to pair with your Karl Lagerfeld tee! Click here to purchase.

11.   Casadei Patent Leather Sandals – You can’t be walking around all day on a vacation in heels. A pair of stylish yet comfortable flats are a must have, else you’ll be complaining of aching feet all day long and that’s not fun. These Casadei sandals are comfortable enough to walk around in and the green colour is bright and cheery. Click here to purchase.

12.   B Brian Atwood Fontanne Stacked Heel – Its advisable to carry only one pair of heels and these black Brian Atwood’s are just the right pair. The colour and its classic silhouette can be paired with virtually any outfit. Click here to purchase.

13.   Charlotte Olympia C’est La Vie Clutch – Sometimes you just don’t feel like carrying a tote with a million things in it. This stylish clutch is just the right size to carry all your essentials and you can also use it on a night out. Oh and it also comes with a comb! Click here to purchase.

14.   Missoni Beach Towel – I love the shades of blue on this towel. Instantly reminds me of the ocean! Click here to purchase.

15.   3.1 Philip Lim March Garfield Sunglasses – These retro inspired sunglasses are so chic and instantly glamorise any outfit. Click here to purchase.  


No comments:

Post a Comment