Thursday 2 May 2013

Sensational Sneakers

Before doing this post, Hannu and I had an intense discussion about whether designer sneakers (the non-training variety) can really be made to look high fashion or are they just on the shopping lists of Delhi fashionistas who consider activities such as shopping, running, walking or even the gym as more of social soirees. That is what she and I like to do, we rule out or regale about trends in all our free time!

A unanimous opinion from a lot of friends revealed that girls are actually afraid of donning sneakers! And let me confess this, I have always placed them just besides crocs on my list of criminal fashion moves. Yet here I am writing about the very style item. I surfed and browsed and looked at celeb icons donning them with such superb flare that I changed my mind, just a little though. Then I decided to replace commonly seen active wear and club a few high fashion occasion wear items with them to create looks that I would put on myself.

Tone Down:

Strappy elastic sneakers from Stuart Weitzman (I love these, so breathable and not overtly sporty) which you can order here.
Crinkled chiffon sheer shirt from Christopher Kane from here.
Mary Katrantzou A-line jacquard-print skirt which you can shop from here.
Then a classic intrecciato Bottega Veneta shoulder bag to bring it all down a tad simpler that can be ordered here.


Tone Up:






Sheepskin sneakers with a snake cap-toe from Lanvin which you can shop from here.
Cotton-linen chambray shirt by J Crew from here.
Printed circular skirt from Chalayan which you can get here.

And finish it all off with this textured cow leather yellow tote from Valextra which you can order here.

Other Sneakers We Love:



1. Studded cap-toe Miu Miu sneakers in fuchsia which you can shop from here.
2. Studded glitter Prada sneakers which you can get here.
3. Red leather superstar sneakers by Golden Goose which can be picked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment