Monday 12 August 2013

In Search of The Little Black Dress

Every time I open my closet to decide what to wear on a night out, I notice the lack of one of the most important wardrobe staples, The Little Black Dress. I’ve got dresses in numerous colours, beige, brown, coral (LOTS of coral for some odd reason), pink, white, red and so on, but I just don’t have the LBD. Despite my eternal love for black, whenever I enter a boutique, corals and pinks somehow distract me and I end up with yet another non-black dress. My mission today is to find myself the perfect black dress. Here’s what I’m eyeing in three categories; feminine, funky and sporty.


Little Black Dress
The girly LBDs
The most important LBD has to be of a classic silhouette so it can be in your closet season after season without looking out of date. I chose these three very feminine ones and especially love a bit of frill.

1. Tibi Cotton-Blend Lace Dress - This particular dress is so me. I love the lacy look and the flared skirt. I have already created an entire look and I don't even have the dress yet. Click here to purchase.

2. Diane Von Furstenberg Prista Dress - Aaaah DVF, I can't stop stocking her clothes in my closet! This one is so pretty and the silhouette is so flirty. The crotchet sleeves, top and side panels are just so chic. This is definitely on my to buy list. Click here to purchase.

3. Atsu Dress With A Bejeweled Collar - Sexy, slick and a dash of bling, this dress needs no explanations! Click here to purchase.

Little Black Dress
The funky LBD's

When you've invested in the perfect classic LBD, its time to step things up with an funky LBD!

1. MCQ Alexander McQueen Leather Peplum Dress - There's the little black dress then there's the little black leather dress! The peplums add a bit of girliness into the dress whereas the leather exudes edginess. Click here to purchase.

2. Roksanda Ilinic Austen Contrasting Panel Midi Dress - WOW is all I can think of when I see this dress. Such a minimalistic dress yet makes such a statement. I love how it has such a futuristic look to it. Full skirted with a cracked laminated belt and peter pan collar this LBD is just to die for. Click here to purchase.

3. Versus Safety-Pin Embellished Stretch Jersey Dress - I loved the Versace safety pin dress on Elizabeth Hurley and I LOVE this Versus dress now. Simple with a dash of punk, this dress is extremely sexy and looks very comfortable too. Click here to purchase.

Little Black Dress
The sporty LBD's

Whoever said that LBD's can't be sporty?! Sometimes you just want to throw on the dress and pair it with patent leather gladiator sandals, brogues or biker boots instead of sky high heels all the time. 

1. T By Alexander Wang Jersey T-Shirt Dress - For the days you really don't want to go through any drama in choosing an LBD this super comfortable yet sexy t-shirt dress is just perfect. Click here to purchase.

2. Zara Stretch Dress - Pair with brogues or sky high heels, this dress can work with whatever mood you're in! For Rupees 3,490 I'd say its a steal. Check your local Zara store for availability. 

3. Rag & Bone RAE Dress - I love Rag & Bone dresses, they're so versatile and again can be paired with virtually anything. I love the A-line silhouette on this one and totally love the front zipper. Pair with biker boots for the ultimate biker girl look. Click here to purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment