Tuesday 19 August 2014

How To Style A Dhoti

During the India Bridal Fashion Week, as always I was going through the dilemma of what to wear. Especially now, since a lot of clothes are quite snug on me, it was a bit of a challenge. Going through my closet I discovered my beloved pair of dhotis and decided to style them a little differently this time. Now I know most of you have already seen me wear my Nehru jacket and dhoti ensemble and my friend Rasna insisted that it had been seen and I should avoid it, I genuinely didn't have a choice as it was one of the few things that still fit. So what do you do if you've already pulled off the Indian politician? Try a little Indo-Western perhaps? That is exactly what I did and the results were great. I put on a silk tank and tried pairing it with two jackets. A short denim jacket and a formal black blazer. Unfortunately the black blazer was just too snug. As in snug to the point where if I move my arms too much there would be a nice rip in the lining!

Another reason for this quick post was to also tell you that for the rest of this awful Delhi summer, you too should invest in a pair of dhotis. I've realised they are so versatile and can be paired with such fun tops and footwear. Tank top, tube top, a fitted shirt or blingy flats, mojris, and high heels; there are numerous combinations. I bought this one from Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla because I just love the way it is draped. It's perfection. So please ensure that your pair is also draped well, else it'll just look like too much fabric hanging!

Here are some random photos of me. Unfortunately they are just pictures I take from my iPhone because I would feel too conscious getting someone to photograph me with a professional camera.

Look 1 - With a snug black blazer
Look 2 - With a fun, short denim jacket

Look 3 - The original neta jee combination! With my deadly Nehru jacket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment