Monday 7 October 2013

Paris Fashion Week - My Two Favorite Shows

Whilst trends were plenty in Paris, I've noticed that the clothes presented there are always ahead in terms of techniques. Not to say that Milan, London and New York weren't any better but I have always felt Paris has the upper hand in that area. So for example, the signature Chanel tweed was reinvented through the use of some other fabric (I don't think anyone knows that top secret fabric!) that was woven with tulle. Same goes for Kenzo with that high tech shiny fabric. Whilst we're talking about technique, what I loved best about the Paris shows was the spectacular display of craftsmanship in a lot of them, especially at Alexander McQueen. I was completely blown away by the collection, which is nothing new because I'm always left with my jaw open every time I finish seeing the show. Don't worry I'm getting to the Louis Vuitton show too in case you're about to hurdle some curses at me! Besides the laser cut leather skirts and the crocodile leather bra tops at McQueen, the checkerboard and ostrich feather silhouettes were just marvelous. Endless hours of workmanship by craftsmen who are nothing short of artists resulted in a collection that was couture like in every possible way.

paris+fashion+week+ss14+alexander+mcqueen
Alexander McQueen

Moving on to Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs's final collection for the house was glorious to say the least. There's something extremely sexy about darkness. And that's what his show was, all black. And it was genius. First up, those theatrical Stephen Jones hats, then it was Edie Campbell in overly long jeweled handcuffs and a g-string with the Stephen Sprouse for Louis Vuitton logo all over her body, then there was the all black carousel, elevators, escalator and the fountain. The embellishments, oh the sparkly embellishments on everything from biker jackets to dresses to leggings and of course lets not forget all those gorgeous feathers we saw. Honestly, this show was truly one of the best shows I've ever seen. Boy I feel sorry for whoever replaces Marc.

paris+fashion+week+ss14+louis+vuitton
Louis Vuitton



No comments:

Post a Comment