Saturday 27 April 2013

Grasp on: Serpui Marie clutches

Would you guys agree with the statement that minaudieres make for an array of super fun keepsakes in your wardrobe? I think somewhere down the line, I sort of have a very reserved opinion on them – I think this stems from the saturation level of the item in question. I own quite a few myself, preferring to buy them in neutral tones mostly – they make for great ‘quick-go-grabs’ you know for night-outs in a hurry. Occasional stunning releases now and then entice me too. Yet, there’s only that many McQueens on fashionable knuckles, and that many Leibers grasped with delicate grips one could settle for. I also did enjoy the clear cases from Gucci, Valentino and Chanel this Summer, and I think their redefined take on clarity elements is something everyone would appreciate. 

Now I do not wish to sound like I have a mixed agenda against minaudieres so here you are. These clutches by Serpui Marie – with love from Brazil – do not really have any spectacularly manifesting specialties. Yet I am a firm believer about the fact that good design need not be exaggerated. I also love how she limits herself in downplaying everything else when choosing a dominating colour tone. Next is her use of natural materials and traditional artisanal textures juxtaposed against a contemporary outline that lends her bags a very dainty yet playful chic. You can pick your own here.






No comments:

Post a Comment