Thursday 21 January 2016

For The Love Of White & Blue

Whoever knows me, knows that I like fuss free dressing on a daily basis. I don't like being uncomfortable in what I wear, but at the same time, I try and put looks together that still look fabulous. My focus on most times is on accessorising. I feel that the right accessories can make even the simplest outfits look stylish. For my next few looks, I will be shooting very streamlined and casual chic looks that are very easy to put together.

My friends have brought up the question as to why I don't get my hair done at the salon for my shoots. Honestly, I prefer keeping it as real as possible during shoots. How many people end up having the time to get a blow dry on a daily basis?? Even if you notice, my make up is always minimal. Just some blush and lipstick. No foundation or anything. Finally, since I don't know how to use photoshop, most my photos are as raw as possible. Because you can't photoshop real life can you?!

For this look, I chose a dark green, low cut body suit over black skinny pants. I like wearing body suits inside jackets or vests because the fabric sticks to your skin and doesn't bunch up. The only sad part is that if you don't have a flat tummy (which I DON'T), you kind of have to suck your tummy in. On the bright side, your abdominal muscles get a good workout. I wore my favourite white coat with my sleeves rolled up to complete my outfit. That brings me to jackets. I always feel it's important to have one or two beautifully cut, statement coats in my closet. I end up buying most of mine from Zara because their cuts for jackets almost always work well for my body. This white one is almost five years old and what I love about it is that I can still use it for a few more years because it's such a classic piece.

Now, as I mentioned before, my focus was on accessories, which for this look were all Dior (cruise collection). A blue Diorrisimo (revamped and breathtakingly beautiful) with chocolate brown top handles and suede coated Dior charms worked so well against the white coat. I couldn't have chosen a more perfect bag for this look! I added a little blue Lady Dior bag charm on the bag because it was so cute. White oversized sunglasses, a thin chain with a big pendant, a pair of delicate earrings and my bright orange sneakers fine tuned my look.














Jacket & Pants - Zara
Bodysuit - Forever 21
Bag, Bag Charm, Earrings, Sunglasses & Necklace - Dior
Shoes - Raf Simons X Adidas
Location - Sainik Farms

No comments:

Post a Comment