Wednesday 6 January 2016

Ringing In The New Year In 431-88 and Dior

First and foremost, Happy New Year to all my desi snobs! I hope this year brings you good health, love, happiness and all things fabulous. How did you celebrate?

We decided to take some of our friends with us to our two hundred year old heritage haveli in a small town called Tonk in Rajasthan. None of us were really in the mood for the usual night club scene or even a farmhouse party. In fact, we wanted to stay as far away from Delhi as possible! Dancing around a bonfire in our courtyard wearing sweatshirt and jeans was more like it for us. And it was just perfect.

Of course, that doesn't mean I didn't pack anything fabulous to wear. I once took my Louis Vuitton Suhali leather bag on a trek at Wildflower Hall in Shimla so this was no different.

Winter is my most favourite time of the year to be in India. I can finally pull out those lovely jackets and knee high boots which look so sexy (and hide some of that damn holiday fat!). For my shoot in Tonk, I wanted to wear something wintery and nothing says that better than a gorgeous 431-88 by Shweta Kapur smudged faux fur jacket. Since it was quite an eye catching piece, I wanted the rest of me to be pretty simple. Hence I chose simple white skinny pants, a pale pink tank top and chocolate brown boots with a bit of equestrian detailing.

My accessories were Dior (my favourite) of course. The Dior cruise collection had pieces that were to die for. I chose the white bubble bag (review coming up in another post) because I felt the bucket bag would add a bit of playfulness to my look and I adored the colourful symbols and words embossed on the leather. Furthermore, The chunky gold shoulder strap infused just the right touch of bling. I completed my look with a single earring (Dior Shades) which I think is going to turn into the accessory of the season.












Jacket - 431-88 By Shweta Kapur
Pants & Tank Top - Zara
Boots - Ralph Lauren
Bag, Earrings & Sunglasses - Dior

No comments:

Post a Comment