Friday 22 April 2016

Dolce & Gabbana's Ugly Raffia & Straw Purses



I'm not one to talk about stuff I don't like on my blog, but then every now and then something just irritates the crap out of me and I just cant help myself but vent it out on a blog post. This time, it's Dolce & Gabbana's raffia and straw purses. Purses, baskets, whatever. Now I'm a die hard fan of their ready to wear (that sundress with printed lemons is still lurking in my mind) and their Miss Sicily handbags. But off late, some of their accessories are just plain ridiculous. Furthermore, their pricing is just absurd. The duo has worked with raffia many times in the past and have had lots of hits too, but not with these bags.

Take the straw basket bag (if you can even call it a bag) for example. Agreed it looked charming on the runway. But unless you're lemon picking in a farm in Sicily, a basket bag serves no real purpose. Also, I don't buy the whole handmade shenanigans this time around. I could get the same thing, with the pompoms and mirror work 'handmade' in Rajasthan for as little as 30 dollars if not less. The croc leather iPhone 6 case and another exotic leather pouch it comes with still don't justify the basket's obnoxious price. At almost 3 Lacs INR, I would rather get me a Chanel.

The raffia clutch and bucket bag aren't any better. Priced at over 4 Lacs INR for the former and approximately 2 Lacs for the bucket bag, I wouldn't give these pieces a second glance. Nor would I carry them even if someone paid me to do so. They're not pretty at all. It just looks like someone put some random riff raff they found lying around and stuck a hefty price tag on them! If you're spending that kind of money on a handbag, it better be worth it and none of these are.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment