Wednesday 20 April 2016

A Monochrome Summer Afternoon












As I mentioned in my previous post, a good summer jacket is a solid investment for your wardrobe this season. And if you get one that turns out to be the focal point of your outfit, even better. For this look, I thought of playing around with a strict and slightly formal look; a simple black tee and a fitted black skirt paired with super high stilettos. I wanted to add an element of fun to it so I threw on this luxurious crepe, laser cut motorcycle jacket and it totally transformed the look. The laser cut motifs all over the back and the zippered sleeves really make it stand out. In addition, it's such a versatile piece and can be worn with jeans, trousers, denim skirt and even a fitted dress. To add a little more of an edge, I wore this funky sword shaped pendant and ring that were just the right size. I steered clear of very chunky jewellery because I didn't want to steal the attention away from the jacket. Always remember, you should never have too many focal points on your outfit, otherwise nothing will ever stand out.

Jacket: 431-88 By Shweta Kapoor
Skirt: Zara
Top & Earrings: HnM
Shoes: Balenciaga by Nicholas Ghesquière
Bag: Celine
Necklace & Ring: Loupe
Sunglasses: Dior

No comments:

Post a Comment